The builder of the Observatory was Captain Lemuel Moody - he was also one of the founders of the Portland Marine Society in 1796. Captain Moody manned the Observatory from 1807-1846, and was active the in the Marine Society until his death in 1846. This book is a history of the Observatory and the man who built it. Paperback with black & white photos and documents throughout. 96 pgs.